I wanted to send a BIG THANK YOU to all of you for the assistance you provided in making this year's Make a Difference Day activity a huge success!!
So let me share with you some of the details:
- a total of 37 people came on Saturday to work on our projects (maybe our biggest crowd yet!)
- 10 walker bags, 29 wheel chair bags, and 22 lap robes were completed (everything got done!)
- 38 cards and greetings ready for delivery to the veterans
- total of 124 hours volunteers spent between Friday set-up and Saturday end-of-day
- hours above does not include time spent by the numerous ASG members who
|At the pressing station|
donated fabrics, helped to cut, pin, and prep-sew these items, and participated
in the other various prep activities.
-special shout-outs to the Poughkeepsie Plaza Mall (for letting us use their space, tables
and chairs) and to Bob & Sue Frisenda at Sew n' Vac for use of their tables, chairs, sewing machines and other miscellaneous items. Without the annual support from these folks, we
would not have the capability of completing our projects.
Needless to say, "many hands make light work" and I just know our Castle Point
veterans will be pleased with our accomplishments.